Skip to content

General

General

Categories

174 results found

1. Right now, when using foreign scripts and ruby mark-up, the font size of the text on the ruby caption is of the same size as normal text, which makes it look terrible.
    I suppose this is caused by the "increase size of non-latin characters" feature, and it just sets the same font size for all the text that isn't latin.
    I would say this is just a small bug, so it would be nice to have it fixed for when you are not using Vocabulary cards.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It takes very long to write <$>...</$>. For those who use Latex a lot, is there a possibility to just use $...$ instead? Is it possible if you add that option?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I create a new card I would usually choose the tag first. If I have lots of tags (more than 5), and even more if they are long, it's annoying to type the tag every time. Or to scroll up and down to the right tag. Or to click the dropdown menu with the mouse. Would be really nice to have an auto-fill option where when I type “C” it suggests the last/most used tag beginning with “C”, e.g. “Computer Science”, and I just have to press Enter/Tab to jump to the input field.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Typically I enter new cards in "bulks" of same topic. Let us say that I in a couple of days enter 500 cards bulk topic A.

I am eager to learn them quickly. After some days "calculating statistic" reveals that in x days scheduled cards per day will suddenly drop dramatically.

At the same time I realise that I would benefit from spending some time learning another basic topic before chewing into bulk A. It would then be very convenient to tell mnemosyne: Please take the 500 cards (tag = Z) you have scheduled for repetition the next 10 days…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would bet some money that (when you control for when the user switches away from the application) you could get some signal out of the delay before a user answers a question. I would even bet that it would be better than the users vote regarding how easy/hard it was.

It would be awesome to hook this up to an EEG monitor, although it is an expensive task. I might need to purchase a researcher grade Emotiv Epoch anyway, so if you want me to submit the raw data...

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If "fast format" is used, searching for cards in the browser (in the field "Containing this text in the cards") requires that the format characters be included in the search string. But often a user cannot remember if formatting has been used, or which formatting options and in what order. This means that some text matches may be missed in the search if formatting is not entered exactly. (I don't know if this applies to HTML formatting as well.) A search should look for content, not formatting. Therefore it would be better if the search ignores formatting strings.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I suggest to include again this missing and useful feature.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I do not understand a word. I search the word in a dictionary and before I add it to my mnemosyne cards, I realize it is already in the database, but schedules next year.

I want a possibility to flag this card as "unlearned" and start relearning now instead of next year, when the card was scheduled.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tthe default settings make the tex elements feel very much out of place, because they are so much bigger and don't really fit in with the rest of the card. Alternatively, the default font could be made as big as the Latex default font. Either way, it's annoying, that they don't match out of the box.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The ability to remap/configure keyboard shortcuts either via the preferences dialog or editing a text file.

I have a keyboard layout that makes using the default keyboard shortcuts inconvenient.

Related:
    https://mnemosyne.uservoice.com/forums/164265-general/suggestions/33185032-when-adding-rating-of-new-card-please-make-ctrl-n
    https://mnemosyne.uservoice.com/forums/164265-general/suggestions/11040240-ctrl-q-to-quit

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Example: When learning a language the passive understanding of the new language is easier than actively recalling words and phrases in the new language. When learning German i prefer to train "der Junge"? = "the boy" for a while before training "the boy"? = "der Junge".

So: When editing a "Front to back" card it would be super to have an indication "This card has no sister" and the option "please create the 'Back to front' version of this card".
    (Using this functionality a lot of the "sister-cards on same day" discussion would fade...)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Most of my time is usually spent on doing html formatting stuff. I've even wrote a simple app in C++ to simplify my job. But its still too time consuming. it'll be great if you could paste an already formatted text from an external app (which are in the format of rich text or RTF) and mnemosyne converted it to html.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently it is only possible to view grades for one single sub topic at a time which does not really give you a good idea of how you are progressing. Also it could take you a long time to view all your grades; if like me you have lots of topics and subtopics.

I think it would be useful to be able to see the grades of 'active cards only'. This way you can see how you are progressing on those cards which you are working on right now.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. This is helpful when learning a language with a different alphabet, especially if the time intervals can be steadily decreased. (Simply displaying the cards can't be that difficult if it can be done with AHK.)

Once you have the function for stepping down the list you can also use it to do automate searches and replaces in a set of cards. (Say, for example, to remove the "_missing" from cards after the audio file has been found.)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. You did an excellent job! Very useful and simple.

I have just a couple of suggestion :
    1)
    if a card contain an image larger than current window, please add ability to pan image (eg: using ctrl+arrow keys) and/or open it with default app (eg : double click on it).
    2)
    Another suggestion is to add a button other than "add, edit, delete" current card to temporary disable current card (eg assigning to a default tag thet is disabled ).
    Thanks in advance
    Bye :)
    Max

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a new card type for "lists/lines". In that way you may memorize lists, poems or speeches more easily.

The listes could be displayed in a way defined by the user, for example showing each beginning letter of each element or words, typing the words, randomizing the letters, enabling to randomize the items order and so on, remember the line that has been removed and so on.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This should not be difficult, since it can be done manually.

Paste the URL in the file-name box that opens on ^s. Play the audio. Then copy the address from between the quotes of the tags and Preview again. (It takes a few seconds. The resulting file (original name[1].mp3 is copied (by magic?) to the default media folder from the temporary file.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. record voice so i could pronounce it when i can't .

better interface skin so i comeback everyday .

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can you make tags available to export in tab separated text file ?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When sorting the cards in the card browser by name and the name consists of numbers, it orders them fine by increasing number, but only until 100. 101-109 is then placed after 10, 110-119 after 11, and so on.

How can I sort my cards so that the numbers are increasing steadily just like a human would count them (1,2,3,4,5 ... 100,101,102) and not mixing up eventually?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?