Skip to content

General

General

Categories

174 results found

1. As a fan of SuperMemo, I've grown to adore incremental reading and the ability to schedule articles to read in advance. (I actually do it to read a very tiny portion of a textbook each day.) I'd love to see something like this get implemented in Mnemosyne.

Although I'm a relatively new programmer, I'd be willing to contribute as well, if you want to send me an email with any tips or anything.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In may 2012 David Haas suggested to have Ctrl+B functionality for bold text.
    SInce he did not put it in, as Peter advised, I'm doing it - bcs I need it for EVERY english vocab card.
    Meanwhile, I will try to lear how to make keyboard macro, as David mentioned.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A button on the toolbar would turn the Cramming Scheduler on and off. This would substitute one click for the four clicks of Settings > Manage Plugins > Cramming Scheduler > OK -- which is tiresome if a user often enables/disables cram mode.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There are a lot of card-sets offered here of them a lot with sound:
    http://www.byki.com/

To import the files from there would be great!

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Mnemosyne by default displays the cards in the order they where added.

However there is no way of changing this order after the cards have been added. For example if you want to create a set of cards for someone you may want to control the order, so that the learner learns the basic first before going on to the more advanced stuff.

For example you may want to learn the regions of a country before learning the cities in the regions.

Possible solution may be to be able to drag the order of the cards via the card browser.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The user is able to make any kinds of changes in terms of font, font colour, size, bold/italic/underlined etc., to card info and immediately see the results of those changes.

This would mean you could, for example, mark in red or underline vowel changes in verbs or adjectival endings you want to learn for language-learning cards. Very useful for inflected languages like German!

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'd like to access the "Add tags" dialog box (currently available only by right-clicking in the "Browse" window) while reviewing cards. Perhaps with "ctrl-g."

Right now, if I want to rapidly add a tag, I have to "ctrl-e", then "shift-enter", then "right arrow" before typing a comma and the new tag. And, more importantly, the 2nd, 3rd, etc, tags don't autofill like the first one.

Thanks for this great software!

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Resizing hundreds of pictures manually is frustrating, whereas Anki scales them to fit the screen perfectly.
    I'd pay for this feature in Mnemosyne.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When one uses Mnemosyne for over one year, some flash cards will be scheduled in an exponential manner, for example, into the next 400 or 500 days, which is too long and uncertain. Sometimes you just want to keep reviewing those cards frequently, especially at a fixed interval. The penalty of giving such cards a grade 0 or 1 to review it frequently is also too huge. Therefore I suggest the following two new features to be considered: 1). Let users decide the next review time in the above case to add flexibility, and 2). users can optionally ask Mnemosyne…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Most of the cards I create contain images with blacked out sections of the image and preparing a lot of these cards is a very laborious task. It would be nice if the "Add Cards" window had the following three new bits of functionality allowing for the creation of what amounts to graphical cloze deletion cards.

1) a button labeled "Upload Image" (one button for the question field and one for the answer field) that, once pressed, would open a dialog box and allow the user to choose the desired image. Once chosen, the image would automatically populate the question/answer…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. You often have to memorize vocabs for an exam on a specific day. It would be nice, if you could tell Mnemosyne: "I have an exam the first of July. Please make a schedule for my x cards! But next Sunday, I won't have time to memorize any cards." Some kind of graphical calendar may be nice too, where you can see, how many cards you will have to remember and when.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. By using this mode mnemosyne would build sentences from tagged cards.

The user would be able to create sentence templates, for example: [subject::secondpersonsingular] [verbtype2::secondpersonsingular] [objecttype2]

That way mnemosyne would be able to build sentences. The underlying algorithm would only have to be changed for words, which already have been learned, because those words will be used by mnemosyne without any restrictions, the unknown words will be scheduled as usual.

For example: He loves Iceland<->Er liebt Island

The user already might know the words "he" and "Iceland", and he might not now the word "loves"…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I need to add sound to many cards, and I can do it by find and replacing some words to add the path of the sound files to the cards. Also I did some mistake in writing punctuations which I could correct all of them by find and replace. Right now I can't do it by exporting the database to another text editor because on import my learning process will be lost.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. importing a picture is a very useful function as it helps fortify associations with the answer so your brain has more information to draw on while trying to remember/ think of an answer. Although this program does this, the picture imported is always very large.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would love to have mnemosyne give the option of a scratchpad, no special features, just a place to free text (but it won't save it, and it clears with each new card), so i can write down my thoughts on what I think the answer should be. Letting me commit to my answer before checking to see if I got it right.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want to use Mnemosyne instead of Anki because I prefer Mnemosyne's layout, but it's just to cumbersome to have to download a picture/audio file and then right click to find it in your files and insert it that way. In Anki I can just drag and drop it right in when I'm creating the card.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. while making flash cards i often have to go back to another card and check if the last card needs to be edited or not
    so the card that i was making now has to be like canceled and then i go back in to the data base and change the previous one
    if editing multiple cards was available i could save time to write the whole new card :D thanks

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I like to use a memory tool that takes the first letter of each word to help you recall what you are memorizing.
    I use this when memorizing LARGE portions, such as the Sermon on the Mount, which is three chapters long.
    I would like my first card to come up as just the reference, then I could click on a "Hint" button and it would show my second card, which would be the first letter of each word.
    Or if I didn't need that, I could just click on the "Show answer" button to check myself.
    Thank you so…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?