Skip to content

General

General

Categories

174 results found

1. If "fast format" is used, searching for cards in the browser (in the field "Containing this text in the cards") requires that the format characters be included in the search string. But often a user cannot remember if formatting has been used, or which formatting options and in what order. This means that some text matches may be missed in the search if formatting is not entered exactly. (I don't know if this applies to HTML formatting as well.) A search should look for content, not formatting. Therefore it would be better if the search ignores formatting strings.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would bet some money that (when you control for when the user switches away from the application) you could get some signal out of the delay before a user answers a question. I would even bet that it would be better than the users vote regarding how easy/hard it was.

It would be awesome to hook this up to an EEG monitor, although it is an expensive task. I might need to purchase a researcher grade Emotiv Epoch anyway, so if you want me to submit the raw data...

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Most of my time is usually spent on doing html formatting stuff. I've even wrote a simple app in C++ to simplify my job. But its still too time consuming. it'll be great if you could paste an already formatted text from an external app (which are in the format of rich text or RTF) and mnemosyne converted it to html.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be very good if a person can decide how he want to learn a card, I mean a person can decide how many days for a grad take till program ask the card again.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. it would be so good if a person can more customized his own interface

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When you review a difficult card, with this skip the card option, you skip it temporarily, not let it block the way to review other cards, just as you can skip some tricky questions in an exam and go back later.
    In my experience, thinking of the answer of a difficult card is time-consuming. But if we can skip it and go back later, the answer usually spring up, due to our magical brains in recalling.
    The function has been implemented on Mnemododo. Why not implement it on Mnemosyne 2.x?

113 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. An Apply button for the edit window would be useful when editing multiple cards from the card browser. PageUp / PageDown could then be used to move to the previous / next card instead of closing the window with the OK button, then moving to the next card and then opening the next card.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have quite a few cards at grade 2 with 'next repetition' set to about 11+ months ahead. These cards were put in when I first started using Mnemosyne so the delay may be due to incorrect grading, or old algorithms. I'd like to start them again without deleting and reinserting.

I'd also find this feature useful when learning a card v. similar to one previously learnt e.g. sabana (grassland), sábana (sheet). Sábana is not due for recall for 14 months - I'd like to see it coming up at a similar frequency to the new 'sabana' to reinforce the…

105 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Would be nice to be able to reduce the grade your answer selections. I use this for my 6 year old and 6 choices are too many. 0=mised it, 1= kinda got it after thinking for a while, 2= know it.
    Being able to reduce the number of grades (which should be configurable) would be great!

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When one uses Mnemosyne for over one year, some flash cards will be scheduled in an exponential manner, for example, into the next 400 or 500 days, which is too long and uncertain. Sometimes you just want to keep reviewing those cards frequently, especially at a fixed interval. The penalty of giving such cards a grade 0 or 1 to review it frequently is also too huge. Therefore I suggest the following two new features to be considered: 1). Let users decide the next review time in the above case to add flexibility, and 2). users can optionally ask Mnemosyne…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For example, if I press printscreen, or if I use a screen snipper tool, I'd like to be able to paste those images into Mnemosyne like I can with Anki. The current method of saving the image and inserting it from a dialog is far too slow.

103 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A robust supermemo import function would avoid me having to do my repetitions in both tools. The import has to carry over the learning history (difficulty and next interval or similar).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Useful in language learning: You have created a useful little sentence, to increase learning use the same sentence over ann over again with slightly different wording

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Mnemosyne by default displays the cards in the order they where added.

However there is no way of changing this order after the cards have been added. For example if you want to create a set of cards for someone you may want to control the order, so that the learner learns the basic first before going on to the more advanced stuff.

For example you may want to learn the regions of a country before learning the cities in the regions.

Possible solution may be to be able to drag the order of the cards via the card browser.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add support for specifying card type in/from the file format when exporting/importing/into/out from mnemosyne.

For example map, front-to-back, vocabulary, etc.

The user will be able to specify which field in the card type each column in the txt file corresponds to.

Some columns could also be used to specify tags.

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Suggesting a plugin for making a math type assignment using random numbers predefined by the user.

The syntax may look someting like this:
    <!--mOn-->
    <!--mOff-->
    Tells the plugin that it should be active in this area

m-randomNumber(newVariableName, numberFrom, numberTo)
    A new variable is defined with a variable between numberFrom and numberTo, the number of decimals given as input may indicates how many decimals should be displayed in the card.

mCalc(calculation, decimals)
    Calculation with the variables previously defined and numbers. Decimals: number of decimals to be displayed in the card.

An example of how a card might look like, FRONTSIDE…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Context matters in the learning process. (I have often experienced that in a "real life" situation I am unable to recall knowledge that I already know quite well an Spaced Rep. Learning situation).

Especially for material that is hard to learn I have sometines turned to printing them out on paper, train the old fashioned way for some time (using the physical flash-cards). For me it works :-)

Want: Possibility to make selection of cards and then: "Export to paper-based flash-cards"

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have a simple command-line interface to run mnemosyne on a headless machine (useful for the synchronization feature, for example) or review cards in the command-line.

Probably not very difficult to implement.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As a recent user pointed out, SM-2 has been used in Mnemosyne for a while now. I'm not sure how much of the data is academically usable (read publishable) but I'd be surprised if there wasn't enough to draw at least a few conclusions. Is it time to upgrade to a more recent algorithm that more accurately predicts the time interval between repetitions?

Personally, what initially drew me away from SM and toward Mnemosyne was the user interface. At this point, I've become quite comfortable with the concept of creating and reviewing cards. As a result, SM's algorithm is starting…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?